We exist to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become His committed followers.
- We desire to become faithful in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ to the many residents within the community of Terrace.
- We desire to see our church help all believers developing in spiritual maturity.
- We desire to see our church care for the community by making Christ’s love practical.
- We desire to see our church becoming so compassionate that it will draw people from broken situations into a caring circle of hope.
- We desire to see our church being composed of small groups where the gospel is lived out.
- We desire to see our church developing leaders for every facet of ministry.
- We desire to see our church partnering in planting new churches in our nation and province in the years ahead.
- We desire to see our church fully engage internationally with a local ministry.?
- We desire to see ourselves becoming a people who will approach all aspects of ministry and life by intentionally persevering in prayer.
COMMUNITY – Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 2:18, Acts 2:42-47
We value community because life-change happens best in community. This includes the concepts of discipleship, vulnerability, accountability, and the process of being changed into the image of Christ.
RELEVANCY – 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
We value relevancy because we want to be current in our approach to ministry while remaining true to the Word of God.
UNITY – John 13:34-35; John 17:20-23, Ephesians 4:1-6
We value unity because it is rooted in the person of Jesus Christ and fulfills his desire to draw people to himself.
INTENTIONALITY – Joshua 24:15
We value intentionality because being disciples of Christ requires us to be purposeful with our energy and time to fulfill the mission of the church i.e. Matthew 28:18-20.
STEWARDSHIP – Luke 12:42-46, 1 Peter 4:10, 1 Cor 6:19-20,
We value stewardship because every good thing comes from and belongs to God; therefore, we will practice biblical stewardship with our time, talents and treasures.
EXCELLENCE - Malachi 1:6-14 & Colossians 3:17
We value excellence, it honours God and He is worthy of the best we can offer.
For a full doctrinal statement, check out the Evangelical Free Church of Canada website at http://www.efcc.ca/.